miércoles, 24 de abril de 2019

4th year Present Perfect Simple vs Present Perfect Continuous


Present Perfect Simple vs Present Perfect Continuous
Exercise 1
Choose the present perfect simple or present perfect continuous to complete the sentences below. If both tenses are possible, use the present perfect continuous.
1.       I __________ (cycle) and my legs are really tired now.
2.       How long ________________ (know)  Peter?
3.       Somebody ____________ (eat)  my cookies. There are none left.
4.       Somebody _______________ (eat) my cookies. There are very few left.
5.       How many books _______________ (write)?
6.       She must be tired. She  __________________ (write) all afternoon.
7.       I ______________ (read) all afternoon? I _________________(read) 5 chapters.
8.       I think I  ________________________ (like) chocolate since I was born.
9.       They __________________ (travel)  for months, and they  _________________ (visit)three countries so far.

Exercise 2
Choose the present perfect simple or present perfect continuous for each gap below.

1.       I ______ the book you lent me and it's great. I'll give it back to you when I finish it.
a. 've read
b. was read
c. 've been reading

2. Bruce ______ tennis since he was a child. He ______  many trophies.
a. has been playing / has won
b. is playing / has won
c. has played / has been winning

3. You ______ too much time playing that stupid game!
a. 've spent
b. 've spending
c. 've been spending

4. You ______ tennis since 10 o'clock. How many sets ______ ?
a. have played / have you been playing
b. have been playing / have you played
c. are playing / have you played

5. He ______ since he was a little boy. Choose TWO correct options
a. is fishing
b. has fished
c. has been fishing

6. He ______ to me since we met last summer. He _______ over 100 emails.
a. 's been writing / 's sent
b. 's written / 's been sending
c. is writing / 's sent

7. ______ any fish today?
a. Have you caught
b. Have you been catching
c. Have you catching

8. A: "He ______ hundreds of job applications, but he's got no answers yet."     B: "How long ______ for a job?"
a. 's been sending / has he been looking
b. 's sent / has he looked
c. 's sent / has he been looking

9. Now that I ______ tidying the house, I'm going to clean it.
a. have finished
b. have been finishing
c. am finishing

10.   We ______ this TV for ages. I think it's time to buy a new one.
a. have
b. 've had
c. 've been having

Quantifiers
Exercise 1
Choose much, many, little, few, some, any to complete each sentence.

1.       We haven't got _____ petrol. We need to stop and get some.
a. much
b. many
c. little

2. We had ________ rain last autumn.
a. a lot of
b. much
c. many

3. There was ________ food in the fridge. It was nearly empty.
a. little
b. a little
c. few

4. You travel a lot. Have you been to _____ countries?
a. much
b. many
c. few

5. It costs _____ money to give your children a good education.
a. much
b. many
c. a lot of

6. There was ________ space for all the people who came.
a. very little
b. very few
c. many

7. "Have you got any coins for the vending machine?" "Yes, I have ________."
a. a little
b. a few
c. few

8. There's _____ of sun cream in the bottle.
a. a bit
b. a little
c. a few

9. We need to go to the greengorcer's. There are _____ potatoes left.
a. few
b. a few
c. a little

10. There was _____ traffic so we arrived very early.
a. a little
b. a few
c. little

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario