lunes, 8 de abril de 2019

5th Year Grammar Practice Units 1,2

https://www.test-english.com/grammar-points/b1-b2/present-perfect-simple-continuous/

Present perfect simple or continuous
Exercise 1
Choose the correct option, present perfect simple or present perfect continuous, to complete the dialogue.
A: ____________ the dog for a walk yet?(take)
B: No, I haven’t. I _____________all day. I _________________ home from work and I ____________________the time to walk the dog yet.(work/come/have)
A: So how long _____________________ home alone?(be)
B: For about 6 hours. You _________________ the dog zero times since last weekend. Why don’t you take him for a walk?(walk)
A: Well, I ___________________things all day too, you know. I have a very important meeting tomorrow and I ______________________ my presentation yet.(do/finish)
B: Okay, I will go then __________________ the collar and the leash?(see)
A: They are in the kitchen. By the way, __________________ anything yet? If not, could you get us something from the supermarket?(eat)
Final del formulario

Exercise 2

Choose the correct option, present perfect simple or present perfect continuous, for the following sentences. If both forms are possible, use the present perfect continuous.


1.      I hope I'll pass the test, I ____ very hard all week.
a.      've worked
b.      've been working
c.      've being working
2.      I ____ for my keys since yesterday, but I ____ them.
a. 've been looking / haven't found
b. 've been looking / haven't been finding
c. 've looked / haven't been finding

3.      I'm so tired. I _____ all day.

a. 've worked
b. 've been working
c. 've being working



4. I can see you _____ your room. It looks great!
a. have redecorated
b. have been redecorating
c. have being redecorating

5. Why are your shoes so dirty? ______ football in the mud?
a. Have you played
b. Have you playing
c. Have you been playing

6. ______ a book by Charles Dickens?
a. Have you ever read
b. Have you ever being reading
c. Have you ever been reading




7. I ______ you all afternoon. Are you OK?
a. 've called
b. 've been calling
c. 've calling

8. I ______ her four or five times, but her phone seems to be off.
a. 've called
b. 've been calling
c. 've being calling



9. I _____ the report, but I think I won't be able to finish it on time.
a. 've written
b. 've writing
c. 've been writing

10. I ____ to go to Australia, and now my dream will finally come true. I ____ the tickets!
a. ‘ve always wanted / ‘ve just bought
b. ‘ve always been wanting / ‘ve just been buying
c. ‘ve always wanted / ‘ve just been buying


Exercise 3

Fill in the gaps with the present perfect simple or the present perfect continuous of the verbs in brackets. If both forms are possible, use the present perfect continuous.
1We____________Dave and Julia for years. (know)
2. You look tired.____________ well recently? (you/sleep)
3. Rose___________her homework, so she can't go out. (not do)
4. Don't bother knocking a the door. They______________. (move)
5. The phone bill is enormous. How many times __________ your boyfriend in Australia? (call)
6. I ___________ time to make lunch. Shall we go to a restaurant? (not have)
7. We ____________ for so long! Do you think we're lost? (walk)
8. _________________ my biscuits? There aren't many left. (you /eat)
9. Someone _______________all my biscuits!(eat)
10. I  (write) all morning, but I _____________ (only/write) 9 pages so far. What a waste of time!
Choose past simple or present perfect to complete the sentences below.
1.   ______________painting the bedroom yet?' 'Not yet. I'll finish it tomorrow.'(finish)
2.  I __________________ much last year, but I ____________ a lot this year.(earn)
3. ______________________a holiday recently?(have)
4. We ______________ last week. We ______________ here for 5 days.(arrive/be)
5.  Mr. Barnes is very important in this company. He  here for 30 years.(work)
6.  He loves gardening. He ______________ a gardener all his life.(be)
7.   ________________ anything like this before?(see)
8.  This the most delicious dish I _______________________.(eat)
9.  I _______________________ him behave like this before.(see)
10.  My mother ________________ in Scotland.(grow)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario